Family Promise has many amazing volunteers helping 365 days a year to support families with children facing a housing crisis! Volunteers of any age are always welcomed and appreciated at Family Promise! Family Promise helps over 25 families a year, and it would not be possible without each and every one of our valuable volunteers.
We have many ways for individuals, groups, families, congregations and businesses to become involved – age, skill and availability don’t matter – we will find the perfect fit!
If you are looking for a way to connect to our program you can click on “this” to see a list of our host churches, let us know which location will work best for you and we’ll be happy to help you make that connection.
Exciting ways you can get involved!
- Make a Meal: Help cook breakfast or dinner with one of our Host congregations! As an individual or a group serve our families a hot meal and share your compassion through your food.
- Overnight Volunteers: Exercise your talent of sleeping and stay overnight with our families from 11:30pm-7:30am.
- Office Angels: Volunteers needed to help around the office. We are more than happy to work with your schedule!
- Kids Care Program: Do you have a school, youth group, girl/boy scout troop, or sports team that wants to help homeless kids? A staff member at Family Promise would love to talk to your class, team, or group about the realities of child and family homelessness and provide a service activity for kids to make a difference!
- Play with Kids: We typically have infants and toddlers in the program that would love to be held or played with any day during the week!
Get your Church Involved as a Host or Support Church with the Interfaith Hospitality Network shelter program!
These are just a few of the many tasks that our volunteers assist with as we work to help families facing a housing crisis in Washington County. Individual volunteers as well as group volunteers can get involved on a one-time, monthly, weekly, or even daily basis!
Some of the many groups who have volunteered in the past include:
- Youth groups
- Church groups
- Organizational groups
or call (262) 353-9304 for more details.
Get Your Church Involved! –
One way to help Family Promise of Washington County is to get your congregation involved. There are many ways that a congregation can help.
View our volunteer application